We are in the maintaining phase of the diet. John has been eating pineapple, beans, sesame seeds, pecans, oatmeal, salads, rice with tomato sauce and onions garlic and seasonings, an occasional bean and rice burrito. Snacks include pineapple, popcorn, seeds. When we eat out, we go to Mongolian Grill, Wendy's (baked potato), Taco Del Mar for the bean and rice burrito. I took him to a Mexican restaurant for his birthday.
He has lost 60 lbs.
His blood sugar has been pretty normal
His blood pressure is lower
He consumes less liquid
He doesn't eat salt
Taking less medicine
He started working out last Thursday
LESS POSITIVE CHANGES
- Developed a tic with his tongue. ( it has actually gotten better now that he is off Rispiridol)
- While he is breathing- he is making a "hmm" sound
- He still doesn't have control of his bowels so now that his bowel movements are normal which is a good thing- he has a bowel movement at least 6 times a day. 2 real heavy ones and the rest smaller. It keeps giving him a rash. At least several times a week, it makes a mess on the floor' and more often than that- all over his clothes. It has put a heavier burden on our two sons.
- John still has no personal will power. If I am not constantly monitoring or watching him, then he gets into foods that he wants. Luckily it has not happened but a few times. Last night was the most recent. After I had gone to bed, he had gotten into a deli sandwich. I caught him before he actually took a bite.
- I can't get him to chew his food thoroughly enough, so it comes out the other end whole. He doesn't have all of his teeth, so I don't know how to solve this problem.
I hope to have pictures and videos up soon, especially now that he is starting to work out. He goes two days a week for about an hour. Last Thursday he walked up and odown the mat (30ft) 4 times and use a 5 lb dumbell for his arms. He was tired. I am not sure how much that played a role in him not feeling well yesterday. We will see.